Cosmetic bonding is the process of applying a tooth-colored composite material to improve a tooth's appearance
Carefullly selected, tooth colored composite material is added to the tooth structure using adhesive systems. This allows us to adjust the size, shape, or color of the existing tooth. This process enhances your smile while allowing the tooth to maintain a natural appearance.
Bonding is often used to:
- Correct the shape of a chipped tooth
- Impove the appearance of a cracked tooth
- Provide more even tooth color
Advantages of bonding over other treatments include:
- Bonding can be a less expensive treatment than other cosmetic options
- An appointment for bonding treatment takes less time to complete
- Bonding allows the tooth’s structure to be preserved
Bonding may sometimes be preferred over veneers or crowns but may not be as long-lasting or durable. Bonding material can stain from coffee, tea, tobacco, or some foods, so proper home care is important.