Dental InsuranceMar 16, 2021 | Policies & Insurance
Understanding your benefits
● Dental insurance differs from medical insurance. Dental insurance helps to supplement the costs of certain procedures, often in a tiered fashion. Preventive services may be covered or mostly covered, while other therapeutic and restorative procedures may not be fully covered, or even covered at all.
● We strive to provide you with the appropriate care and optimal recommendations, without making decisions that are insurance-driven. We do this out of deep respect for the role we play as your oral health care providers, informing you of the care we would recommend to our own family members. That is the care we believe you deserve.
● Please review your dental insurance plan with your insurance company or HR representative to better understand the benefits they make available as part of your coverage.
● An estimate of the amount covered by your insurance company will be provided at the time of your treatment, based on the information they provide to us. The estimate is never a guarantee of benefits or the amount that will be paid.
● The patient payment portion covered for procedures varies depending on the coverage provided by your employer/insurance plan.
● We will file insurance claims as a courtesy to our patients. This does not transfer the responsibility of your financial obligation to the insurance company. You are responsible for the remaining balance.
● We carefully select the dental benefits companies with whom we are “in network.” These decisions are made with the best interests of our patients in mind, so that we may provide optimal and appropriate care.
● Many treatment plans can be performed over months or years, allowing costs to be distributed. Financing options may be available through CareCredit. Please let us know if you have questions about our financial policies or financing options prior to your treatment.
Click the link below to apply for Care Credit.