COVID-19 PolicyMar 15, 2021 | COVID-19
We would like to thank you again for your patience during this unusual time. The COVID-19 Pandemic has touched all of our lives. Each sacrifice has helped to save lives and protect healthcare and other essential workers. We look forward to reestablishing our routines and creating the new normal.
You will notice changes to the way we operate, from prescreening during appointment confirmation calls, temperature checks, limiting the numbers and types of procedures performed and patients on site at any one time, more layers of personal protective attire, and additional safety equipment and protocols. We are giving the same care and attention to monitoring our whole team as we are to each of our patients.
Your safety has always been our top priority. We follow strict infection prevention protocols at all times, and have further refined and enhanced these practices. We are continuously tracking guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, American Dental Association, Vermont Department of Health and other authorities, and are going above and beyond to practice at the highest level of their recommendations.
Things will look different at our office. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- You will be contacted 48-72 hours prior to your appointment via phone, text or email and asked a set of health-related questions. It is required that we complete this questionnaire prior to your appointment. We will have to reschedule your appointment if we are unable to complete this step. You will be asked the same questions again when you are in the office.
- We will ask you to arrive alone, to limit the number of people in the office. If the patient is a child or has special needs, please limit numbers to just the patient plus one companion/care provider. Except under special circumstances, only the patient will be allowed back into the dental operatory.
- We ask that you please wear a mask into the office.
- We will ask you to perform hand hygiene when you enter the office.
- We will limit interactions especially at the front desk and ask that payments be made over the phone if possible. If you need to make a cash payment, please notify us in advance and we will make arrangements.
- You may notice that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the office at any one time. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, all of our patients, and our staff safe in our practice.
We appreciate your patience and understanding and welcome any feedback you would like to provide. We value your patronage, your health, and the well being of our community. It is our goal to keep all healthy and safe. We encourage you to set up your routine cleanings and dental appointments so that we may continue to provide your preventive and restorative care.
Thank you. Take care and be well.
-Alpine Family Dental Team